Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby Withdrawal

Just soaking up my last few hours at home before I have another road trip - this one for 8 days and (once again) literally around the world. By the time I get back, my girls will be gone to Maine - so it will actually be almost two weeks before I see them again. At her current rate of growth, Madeleine will probably be walking, talking, and driving by then.

Madeleine loves giving kisses - to everyone but Daddy. I may have gotten one out of her but it might have been a technicality. Hannah's theory is that she only wants to kiss those who feed her regularly, but that seems a little too simple to me. On the one hand, I am disappointed that she won't give me any kisses. On the other hand, if she's not giving any kisses to any boys at all, that's pretty good place to be for the next 50 or so years.

Hannah and Madeleine were singing some baby songs this morning after our walk (before it got too hot and humid).

This was Madeleine's reaction when I told her that Daddy was going bye-bye again.

No comments: