Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Pix and a Madeleine Song

The family has been reunited again after another weeklong separation due to Daddy's business travel. We were supposed to go 9 days without seeing each other but Daddy had to skip his second business trip due to a nasty little bug he picked up at the end of the first one.

Still, before he was laid low, Daddy did have a chance to do some shopping for Mommy in Brussels.

And to sample the local fare in Warsaw.....

Looks like Madeleine snuck out and opened a hotel in Brussels without telling us.

Arranging the financing must have been easy for her since no one can say no to this face!

Also, with all of my travel, I've gotten rather bored with the (500+) songs on my iPod, so I'm always looking for new and interesting tunes. Last weekend, just for fun, I searched iTunes for "Madeleine" to see what popped up.

In addition to about 100 Cajun songs and a bunch of songs by Madeleine Peyroux (who I really like), I also turned up a terrific little song by an artist named Jen Cass. Despite the fact that she's from Ann Arbor, I purchased it. You can hear a sample by going on this website - going down to the second album - and clicking on the link next to Madeleine. My favorite line in the song is where the little Madeleine tells her parents that she can fly - since our daughter knows how to fly too!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Man, you're going to overload on culture, there, Daddy B! Be careful! :) Hope you're feeling better.