Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Medical Update
Saw the doctor today about my boo boo. Good news and bad news.
Good news: Everything looks good to the doctor and we're right on track. They took the old cast off (see picture here) and took the stitches out, and he said it's healing fine. We also now have some specific dates for the next phase of this business. The cast comes off on March 20 and two weeks later (April 3) I'll be crutch free. I also already have an appointment with the physical therapist for March 26 to begin that process.
Bad news: The new cast is every bit as big and cumbersome as the old one. This means no driving (to be clear - I am medically cleared to drive as long as I brake with my left foot but due to my height I don't think I can operate the gas pedal safely). After $60 in roundtrip cab fares for today's checkup, that could add up after awhile. It's also a little less comfortable (a relative term) because this one puts my foot at a 90 degree angle all the time.
Meanwhile, in the "kick them while they're down" camp, some of my colleagues have taken to calling me "Gimp." Pre-1994, that would have been fine. But in 1994, a certain movie came out which forever changed the connotations associated with the word "gimp." At least they're not calling me "The Gimp" I guess.
Or "lousy gimp," which is what my wife teasingly labeled me when I gave her the readout from the doctor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment