Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Ich Bin Ein Berliner - for less than 24 hours
Greetings from Berlin! I miss my girls at home and it's tough to travel again so soon after the arrival of the little one. If there's one redeeming thing about having to travel this week, it's that I am staying at one of my favorite hotels in the world - the Hotel Adlon.
The Adlon has had a long and fascinating history - in recent memory, it may be best known for this event, which took place right down the hall from where I'm staying! (In case my hyperlinking skills aren't up to snuff, I'm referring to the infamous Michael Jackson baby dangling incident - of course, I had to include the "alternate history" versions of that event here and here).
I was disturbed by that incident at the time. But now, being a dad, I am even more horrified. Babies squirm - a lot sometimes - and I can't imagine what kind of person would take that risk with a child.
Anyway, Berlin is nice, we're off to Switzerland tomorrow, and back tomorow night. Hannah and the little one are well although she had a nice sized spit-up on mommy this morning. If my sleep patterns weren't screwed up by fatherhood, this trip ought to do the trick.
The Adlon has had a long and fascinating history - in recent memory, it may be best known for this event, which took place right down the hall from where I'm staying! (In case my hyperlinking skills aren't up to snuff, I'm referring to the infamous Michael Jackson baby dangling incident - of course, I had to include the "alternate history" versions of that event here and here).
I was disturbed by that incident at the time. But now, being a dad, I am even more horrified. Babies squirm - a lot sometimes - and I can't imagine what kind of person would take that risk with a child.
Anyway, Berlin is nice, we're off to Switzerland tomorrow, and back tomorow night. Hannah and the little one are well although she had a nice sized spit-up on mommy this morning. If my sleep patterns weren't screwed up by fatherhood, this trip ought to do the trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment