Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Zurich and Fussytown - All in One Day












While my boss was off to give a speech, we had a few hours to kill in Zurich. The weather was lovely and unseasonably "warm" for this time of year (mid 40s) so it was a perfect day for it.


We had a stereotypically Swiss meal of fondue and wine at a restaurant in a building that dated to the 13th century, which means that it was even older than Grandpa Bob. Then, we toured the absolutely charming old town of Zurich, where we helped to stave off a global recession by contributing to the local economy.


We stopped in a charming toy store, where I picked up some non-lead paint toy items for Madeleine, including a little stuffed star that plays Brahms' Lullaby. It's amazing how different my customs declaration looked on this trip compared to my last overseas trip in November!


Then, after a grueling 10+ hour flight against a serious headwind, we landed in Washington a little before 2 this morning. I suppose I wasn't all that surprised when the lights were on at home when I got in. Apparently, Miss Madeleine decided to become, in mommy's words, a "monster" at about 6 pm last night -- lots of fussing, sleeping for only 45 minutes at a time, and generally being a pain in the derriere.


I stayed up for about an hour to help mommy out and then crashed, but mommy woke me up at 8am (I'm taking the day off!) to take the morning shift since the fussiness hasn't subsided. Finally, we got her into the snuggle nest around 10 and she slept for a good 2+ hours, but then it was fussy time again. I decided, since she was already fussy, to subject her to her favorite activity.....


No comments: