Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

Life Comes Full Circle

This morning, I was a husband and a father. Tomorrow afternoon, I become someone's child again.

Hannah and Madeleine left this morning for 12 days in Florida. They will be visiting Grandma Kay and Grandpa Bob, and Madeleine will have a chance to meet the extended family for the first time. Hannah just called in to report that Madeleine did great on her two flights today! Famous last words - "Madeleine's a good little traveler." Let's hope she doesn't outgrow that characteristic.

Since I am still hobbled, my mom will be coming up tomorrow to help me out - or, more specifically, be around to call 911 if I fall and whack my head. So, for the next two weeks, rather than being a dad, I'll be someone's child again. I guess my mom can only hope that I don't spit up on her after a feeding (or require a changing).

We sent a webcam down to Grandma and Grandpa so I'm hoping that we can have a daily video chat with the little girl (and her mommy) during their absence. I miss my girls so much already!

No comments: