Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Technical" Difficulties

Sorry for the lack of recent blog posts. With Hannah and Madeleine in Florida for 12 days, I don't have regular access to the primary subject matter of this blog.

I had hoped to have Grandma Kay take some pictures of the baby in Florida and email them to me so I could post them here. But she left the cord for the digital camera in Massachusetts - so, I don't expect that we'll have any new photos here for at least another week.

We've been doing daily video calls with the girls in Florida, though. Those have really helped to bridge the geographic distance between us right now. Hannah calls us when the baby is active -- usually between 6 and 7 -- and we try to do the video calls when the girl is in her happy place. Not sure if she recognizes the grainy picture of daddy on the screen but she seems to respond to my voice, which is great. And, she definitely talks back and tells me about her day.

Madeleine went to her first St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at a neighbor's condo. Madeleine is at least a quarter Irish, but she didn't wear green - preferring to look resplendent in her gingham dress instead.

Meanwhile, back here in Northern-by-God-Virginia, my madre and I have been having a good time as she helps me with the final phase of my convalescence. She braved Washington DC rush hour to take me to work today and, to the best of my knowledge, made it home in one piece.

I am looking forward to Thursday with eager anticipation since the cast comes off then - about as excited as a 6 year old on Christmas Eve!

No comments: