Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Madeleine's Monthiversary
Madeleine officially turned one month old yesterday. It's amazing to think about how much our lives have changed in such a short period of time. This time last month, I had never changed a diaper or held a newborn. Today, I have changed approximately 25,000 diapers (slight exaggeration) and have become a pro at baby holding.
We're not grizzled veterans by any stretch of the imagination, but neither are we completely clueless anymore!
Although it's a significant milestone, we didn't do anything to officially "celebrate" Madeleine's turning 1 month old. I remember, long before I met Hannah (who was still in college at the time), I had been dating a girl casually for a few weeks. One night, when I was dropping her off at her place after dinner, she seemed upset. Foolishly, I asked what was wrong.
"You didn't remember our one month anniversary," she said. I then explained that the word "anniversary" came from the Latin root "anni" meaning "year" - and that people would have called it a "monthiversary" instead if they had intended to make a month a more significant milestone than a year.
Needless to say, this was one of the many reasons why I was still on the market for Hannah - but that's why Madeleine exists today!
We're not grizzled veterans by any stretch of the imagination, but neither are we completely clueless anymore!
Although it's a significant milestone, we didn't do anything to officially "celebrate" Madeleine's turning 1 month old. I remember, long before I met Hannah (who was still in college at the time), I had been dating a girl casually for a few weeks. One night, when I was dropping her off at her place after dinner, she seemed upset. Foolishly, I asked what was wrong.
"You didn't remember our one month anniversary," she said. I then explained that the word "anniversary" came from the Latin root "anni" meaning "year" - and that people would have called it a "monthiversary" instead if they had intended to make a month a more significant milestone than a year.
Needless to say, this was one of the many reasons why I was still on the market for Hannah - but that's why Madeleine exists today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This high maintenance grandma protests the lack of blog updates over the past five days. The question is: did you do away with our grandbaby, OR did she do away with you?
Post a Comment