Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 3, 2008

Baby Talk

Like all parents, I would like to think that my child is the most wonderful, beautiful and intelligent kid in the world.

In my case, I'm right!

Our two month old daughter can already talk. That's right. She can already talk.

Unfortunately, it's not English but I'm convinced that the problem is not on her end but on mine. I suspect she's speaking an ancient Indo-European language that is known to only a few scholars. She speaks in complete sentences and conveys some very deep and profound thoughts.

I just need to find a reputable linguist to translate for her so we don't lose all the valuable information she's giving us. Is there a Sanskrit or Proto-Greek or Tartessian speaker in the house?

(Of course, given where Madeleine's B family roots are, she might be speaking something called Jurassien - guess I'll have to wait until the English kicks in to know for sure)

1 comment:

Granny G said...

I would like to attempt to interpret the last part of Madeleine's conversation. Apparently, when Mommy took Daddy to work, somebody cut Mommy off in traffic. Madeleine wanted to make her thoughts known about impolite drivers.

If you will review the video, you will see that the expressions and arm gestures exactly match this scenario. If she didn't have little mittens on, there would have been some accompanying finger action.